Birregurra Easter Arts at the Homestead 2015
Opera star Annelisa Kerrigan headlines Birregurra’s inaugural Easter Arts at the Homestead event celebrating song, story and culture in the bush
Birregurra rolls out the gumleaf carpet country welcome this Easter when it hosts the inaugural Birregurra Easter Arts at the Homestead in a festive celebration of community, creativity and connection on the 175th anniversary of family farming at Tarndwarncoort Homestead.
The event features a packed weekend of songs, story and stunning cultural performances and exhibits from artists both local and invited on the Easter Saturday and Sunday – April 4 and 5 from 11am onwards.
Who: Birregurra Community Arts Group & Tarndwarncoort Homestead
What: A weekend program of cultural performance including opera and contemporary jazz, innovative visual arts and sculpture exhibitions, tours of Tarndwarncoort’s significant artworks, community arts activities and roving bush ballads
Where: Tarndwarncoort, 41 Roseneath Road Warncoort, VIC
When: Easter Weekend – Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th April
How: Online bookings a must for Opera & Afternoon Tea with Annalisa Kerrigan. Bookings can be made via this website from March 1st.
Drawing on the abundance of local talent, the Birregurra Community Arts Group (BCAG) have partnered with the Dennis family, descendants of the original founders of Tarndwarncoort, to share the creative spirit of the community with style, using the building and grounds of the National Trust homestead as the stunning backdrop.
The event features music, hands on activities, workshops and exhibits; from bush ballads to light opera and jazz, from visual arts exhibits inspired by the past, to bronze bird life sculptures.
- Performance on Saturday by Jazz singer, Rachael Comte and her group Finding Isla, Michael Robinson Koss and Birregurra’s community Ukulele Kollective and Gospel Choir
- Performances on Easter Sunday with Nick Evangelou in the courtyard and an intimate afternoon tea session with opera star, Annalisa Kerrigan
- Visual and soundscape exhibition featuring local and district artists called The Parlour Room Project
- Guided tours of Tarndwarncoort’s significant historical art collection in the homestead
- Roving bush ballad performances
- A display of world renowned bronze sculptor, Lucy McEachern’s, stunning birdlife
- Community arts activities for kids including En Plein Air painting, wool craft, heritage games, bush ballad workshops