WE'RE OPENING A POP-UP COMMUNITY GALLERY in Birregurra
......and we're looking for artists to exhibit and sell their works.
BCAG Members and non members from the district are welcome.
With many thanks to the Birregurra Mechanics Hall committee, Birregurra Community Arts Group are opening our own community art & craft gallery which will tun over the next three months.
The gallery will be setting up between Christmas and New Years and hope to open on New Year’s Day if we have enough of your work to display!
We’re looking for all sorts of works, from paintings to sculptures and we will also have a small range handmade products made locally.
Non BCAG members are welcome to display their work as well, however there will be differing commission rates on sold works for members, non-members and a special rate for those volunteering as well.
The gallery will be staffed by ‘volunteers’ and the more volunteers we have, the more days we can be open to promote the talents of our members and other locals.
If you can spare 3 hours or more per month to volunteer on Fridays to Mondays, and/or have works, large or small to submit please express your interest to Monica via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Well, with 2015 nearing its end, we may as well take this opportunity to whet your appetite for what's in store next year!
- Australia Day in Birregurra featuring James Blundell with the Birregurra Ukulele Kollective as well as lots of arts activities (Tues Jan 26)
- Birregurra Easter Arts at the Homestead (26/27 Mar)
- Dinner, show & dancing with Shirazz: A Six Piece Dixieland Jazz Band at Birregurra Hall
- Birregurra Festival Arts Expo (8/9 Oct)
- Birregurra Arts Open Gardens (Nov - TBC)
- Parlour Gigs (house gigs and community gigs all year round - stay tuned)
- Birregurra Ukulele Kollective (1st & 3rd Tuesday at Birre Health Centre 7pm - performing whenever and whereever we can)
- Monday Zither Group (every second Monday)
- Birregurra Singing Circle (formerly Birregurra Gospel Choir - every 'other' second Monday)
Workshops (all dates TBC)
- WEAVE a garden tee pee with Veronica Phillips
- PAINTING with renowned artist Marion East
- PHOTOGRAPHY with Tim Lucas (adults and kids)
- DRAWING BASICS with Sara Perry (adults and kids)
- SOLAR PLATE PRINT MAKING with Teresa Lawrence
- TEXTILE ARTS with Pam Fyfe
- OIL PAINTING with Australian Impressionist painter, Peter Smales
Daytrips/Night-tripsAndy Warhol & Ai Wei Wei Retrospective at NGV (Feb)
Lorne Sculpture Bienalle with Guided Tour (March)
Degas - A New Vision (Winter Masterpieces at NGV - Jul/Aug)
Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera at Arts Gallery of NSW Sydney (1 or 2 nights in Sydney - Sept 2016)
To find out more contact us at email@example.com
And you know us.......as the year goes on, we'll come up with lots more!!
SO STAY TUNED!!
Coming to COPACC in December...
|The Other Film Festival|
|Tuesday, December 1, 7:30pm |
2 hrs (including interval)
Box office: 5232 2077
Tickets $12 Concession & Arts Access Victoria members $8
New cinema by, with, and about people with a disability.
The Other Film Festival is an artistically vibrant, accessible, international disability film festival.
The festival is particularly relevant and accessible for people with a disability while also providing a meaningful and entertaining screen and cultural experience for a broader audience.
The Other Film Festival is recognised internationally for its commitment to screening the world’s best contemporary cinema concerned with the experience of disability, and for its leadership in applying best practice in meeting access requirements of patrons and filmmakers with a disability.
Warning- People under 15 need to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.
Proudly supported by Arts Access Victoria
|Morning Music - Denis Walter|
|Wednesday, December 2, 11.00am |
Free Morning Tea from 10.00am
Box Office: 5232 2077
Denis will make a welcome return to COPACC for a Christmas concert including O Holy Night, White Christmas and Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Denis burst onto the Australian music scene 40 years ago as a young man with a big voice. After 14 albums and a performing schedule squeezed in around his TV and radio commitments, Denis is one of Australia’s constant stars of song.
Join COPACC for a free morning tea at 10am before the show.
Proudly sponsored by Arundell, Murray & Ryan
Dance School ConcertsShae'K'It Studios
Saturday, 7 November, 1pm and 6.30pm
Red Door Dance & Theatre Productions
Friday 13 November, 7pm & Saturday 14, 1pm
|Sacred Heart Primary School Concert|
|Wednesday 18, 1pm & 7pm, Thursday 19 November, 7pm |
|Colac West Primary School Concert|
|Thursday, 26th November |
|Colac Specialist School Concert|
|Wednesday, 9 December |
Coming to COPACC in 2016
|The Australian Bee Gees Show|
|Friday, 29 April, 8pm |
Box Office: 5232 2077
After 5 years and over 1600 shows headlining on the Las Vegas strip, The Australian Bee Gees Show will return to Australia for the ‘The 20th Anniversary Tour, a brand new show for 2016. This show is a retrospective look at the amazing career of The Brothers Gibb and will be presented in two parts with costume changes defining the eras. The show will feature all of the greatest hits throughout the decades but will also tell the Bee Gees story in a multi- media show that captures the mood and memories of the time.
For one night only be a part of the magic that is, The Australian Bee Gees Show.
In the new year,
Birregurra’s Singing Circle
|Image courtesy Chris Rowbury|
former Gospel Choir, will meet every 2nd Monday
(except school & public holidays)
at 7pm, Anglican Church Hall
The Singing Circle is open to all ages and aims to find the instrument we all have – our voice.
Attendance is on a casual basis – no terms - $5 per session
1st session – Monday Feb 1st 2016, 7pm
BCAG Members & Friends of BCAG (that's YOU!)
are invited to our end of year Chrissy celebration at the
Royal Mail Hotel on Tuesday 15th December at 7pm.
Fabulous entertainment and light supper provided (food only).
We hope to see you there!!
MEMBERS BENEFITS! ..... ARTISTS WANTED
Birregurra's new Royal Mail Hotel publicans have invited YOU to show and sell YOUR work at their pub.
Register your interest ASAP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will organise a site visit to help you select your piece of wall. Or register your interest at the BCAG Christmas party on Tues 15th Dec at 7pm.
This is exclusive for Birregurra Community Arts Group Members only.
Not a member? Easy! Sign up here
Conditions? Just a few.
- Artists must hang their own pieces in consultation with RMH publicans.
- All pieces must be displayed with title, artist, price and contact details.
- Any sales must be negotiated and finalised by the artist (not RMH publican).
- All artists must take liability for their own works.
- Any changes of wall space allocated to artists are to be negotiated with either the RMH publican or the artist who is currently displaying in that space.
- The RMH publican reserves the right to change any aspects of this arrangement with appropriate notification.