$100 cash first prize
$50 Birregurra Trader Gift Voucher runner up
$100 cash Lenn Robb People's Choice Award
Proudly sponsored by Birregurra Mail and Birregurra Community Arts Group.
Category winners announced at Birregurra Festival.
- 10 am to 11 am Morning Zither Run/Group - a zither run is a 1 hour lesson to get the most out of your zither. We cover tuning, care, playing and navigating the tune-sheets. Everything you need to take your zither 'for a run' and just play. Suitable for all skill levels. $10 per session, includes the new tune-sheet and morning tea.
- Please note that for the Zither Runs we have instruments available for you to use, should you not yet have your own, so why not give it a go? 🎶
- 1 pm to 2:30 pm - Running with Zithers Ensemble rehearsal - this ensemble is a group of Zither & Autoharp players who, with a percussionist, challenge their music-making to play and harmonize in a group. Ensemble membership asks for commitment to attend rehearsals, a sense of fun and an annual membership fee of $10 to cover the cost of sheet-music. Please note - the Running with Zithers Ensemble rehearsals are not open-to-all music lessons, they are genuine rehearsals for instrumentalists working toward performance and/or recording. If you would like to try out playing with this ensemble.
- 3 pm to 4 pm - Afternoon Zither Run/Group - a zither run is a 1 hour lesson to get the most out of your zither. We cover tuning, care, playing and navigating the tune-sheets. Everything you need to take your zither 'for a run' and just play. Suitable for all skill levels. $10 per session, includes the new tune-sheets and afternoon tea.
- 4 pm to 5 pm - Birregurra Community Arts Group Family Music Sessions with John James - These are fun, family music tasters introducing music to children of all ages through an eclectic range of instruments. $5 per session.
- 7 pm to 8:30 - The Birregurra Community Arts Group Singing Circle - singing for fun because it is sooo good for us. Everyone's welcome $5.
Shortly after Deb left, Maggie arrived to work on her impressive ink study of the Church and this week Alison continued with her beautiful landscape while Chris worked on putting some finishing touches on her very entertaining journals. Whilst small, our painting group enjoys a variety of talents as well as many laughs and occasional personal concerns which all members treat with respect and care.