August's Musical Monday!
Physical warm-up stretches - Linnet Hunter - 5-10 minutes
Vocal warm-up and breath-work - Fiona Brandscheid - 10-15 minutes
Learning a new song - Angie, Vic & Mic - 15-20 minutes
Supper - 15 minutes
Old favorites - Angie, Vic & Mic until 8:30pm
- 10 am to 11 am Morning Zither Run/Group - a zither run is a 1 hour lesson to get the most out of your zither. We cover tuning, care, playing and navigating the tune-sheets. Everything you need to take your zither 'for a run' and just play. Suitable for all skill levels. $5 per session, includes morning tea.
Please note that for the Zither Runs we have instruments available for you to use, should you not yet have your own, so why not give it a go?
- 1 pm to 3 pm - Running with Zithers Ensemble jam - this ensemble is a group of Zither, Autoharp or other stringed instrument players who, with a percussionist, challenge their music-making to play and harmonize in a group. The idea is to have fun playing together. Whilst the session is free, we do ask for a cold coin contribution toward refreshments and expect players to bring along their in-tune instrument.
- 4 pm to 6 pm - Room 1 - Afternoon Music Sessions - This time has been set aside for 30 minute time slots of individual or group music sessions in singing, basic music theory, Autoharp and zither playing or zither & Autoharp service. 30 minute sessions cost $5 and times need to be arranged with Angie 0408 379 499
- 4 pm to 5 pm - Room 2 - Birregurra Community Arts Group Family Music Sessions with John James - These are fun, family music tasters introducing music to children of all ages through an eclectic range of instruments. $5 per session.
- 7 pm to 8:30 - The Birregurra Community Arts Group Singing Circle - singing for fun because it is sooo good for us. Everyone's welcome $5.