ACTING OUT - Whispers of a Building. A free drama workshop and performance.
Acting Out – Whispers in a Building
What if Birregurra Hall’s tight corners reverberated with all the whispers and conversations that once took place within its walls? What would they say?
Join Linnet Hunter in a 2-hour intensive drama development session using game-playing techniques. You will be bouncing off prompts collected from community interviews to explore improvised dialogues with a sense of play and irreverence. Some of these will be performed as part of Birregurra Hall’s live art event on Sat 28th April.
- how to capture key moments in brief conversations
- character development and how to tell a short story through dialogue
- how to use body and voice to engage audiences and deliver a compelling message
- techniques for creativity, confidence and communication
- rehearsal strategies
- how to deal with nervousness and “stage fright”.
WHO: Suitable for adults and teen 15 yrs+
WHERE: Birregurra Hall, 42-44 Main St Birregurra
REGISTER: Contact Linnet Hunter on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0414 629 539